24 September 2015

About Me

Hiya and welcome to The Seasonal Collective!

My name is Rachel Dunkley, I am 18 years old and living in New Zealand. I currently still studying at High School and am heading off into the big wide world of University next year. The reason I started this blog was as a place for me to write and inspire people. Becoming an avid blog reader over the last few years has really made me want to start my own blog. My thoughts were, if these people can do it why can't I? I soon started reading up about how to start my own blog, researching how to get your blog noticed and even how to take better photos before I'd even started it, but it just got me more and more excited. So here I am starting my blog, doing what I've wanted to do for a very long time and doing it for myself, not anyone else. 

The reason behind my blog name

When deciding on a blog name I had many ideas that came to me, some great and others that seemed ridiculous. I started a blog a few years ago, meaning for it to be a fashion blog but after a while I realised I just wasn't that passionate about fashion that I wanted to write something every week. So in turn I have named my blog 'The Seasonal Collective' because I want to create a collection (or series) per season. Working with the seasons is something that I have been interested in as the seasons affect me greatly. I love summer and everything about it, the sun, the beach, going out with friends more, and winter is great in its own way too. Snuggles by the fire, hot chocolate and  loads of blankets. Each season is great in its own way and I want to do something so that I can make every season be as great and fun of a time as it should be for everyone. 

What I will be posting about

When asked to summarise my blog the two things I hope to say my blog is about would be advice and diy. Although many of the posts that I write wont be about these topics these are the two areas that I want to focus on the most. Posts I will be writing and creating will be about a range of things, weather that be a way to help with advice, diy, fashion, travel, music or just something a little bit different. I hope that you are enjoying my blog and hope that you continue to follow my blogging journey. If there is anything you want to see just let me know and I will try and make it happen. I'd love to hear from you with whatever you have to say. You can contact me at theseasonalcollective@gmail.com 

- Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment